Tuesday, August 30, 2016

1st Family Vaca // Finley's 1st Beach Trip // Day 3


Almost every day, I would get Finley from her pack-n-play and she would have whatever of her bottle she wanted, and then I would start cooking the infamous pancakes, canadian bacon/eggs. I was going to try and wean her off the bottle this week but it didn't happen.. and to be honest, I really think morning bottles are for me to have that extra cuddle time.

After breakfast, I would get myself ready, we would sunscreen up, get Finley dressed and all of our stuff together and if Shane wasn't ready for the beach (aka sleeping in) me and Fin would make our way to the beach. I just don't think people realize the love I have for the beach! When I'm awake... I want my toes in the sand! Yes, I know I'm annoying about it too. I had intensions of getting up early enough to see the sunrise too but I just couldn't make myself get up. There was SEVERAL mornings that I was awake at 4am - 430 and couldn't go back to sleep for a couple hours.. then the next thing I knew, I was waking to Finley crying.

After being called a boy one too many times, we opted for the pink bathing suit on day three.


We tried so hard to get to the beach during Finley's happy time but sometimes it didn't happen. It did get hotter during the week we were there and that may have had something to do with why she just seemed "over it" this day. And I tried so hard to get her to nap on the beach but she wouldn't have any part in it.





So we would hang out for a little bit, get showers once we were back at the cottage, eat some lunch, and she was O - U - T. Sweet snuggles with Daddy.


I would either go back out by myself or we would all go back out together.

She loved being in the water! The sea was really rough these couple of days and there was a red flag one day.. I forget what day it was, but a lifeguard was constantly up and down the beach calling people out of the ocean. You didn't even have to go out far at all and the current would just about take your feet out from under you.
















One of my favorite things.. collecting sea shells with Fin! We would find some and take them to Daddy. I know I can get the fake sand at Hobby Lobby but I wish I would've remembered to get some from the beach and put our shells and broken sand dollars we found in a jar.





After our beach afternoon, we all came back up, Fin napped again and I was able to have some alone time. It actually sprinkled on me a little bit but I did not care. I just sat and watched the waves and people watched and took it all in. I also walked the beach a bit.




After dinner, (we cooked at the cottage), Shane heard the ice cream truck and we treated ourselves to some sweets. 



Finley even tried some of my cone but she was only interested in a few bites!


We caught a little of the sunset on our evening walk. The only night that we made it. Like I said, I could stay out there from sun up to sun down... I'm pretty sure I just about had Shane talked into moving but then he got home and stayed on his tractor all one afternoon. Ha! He's still been asking me questions about it soooooo maybe?!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs