Monday, November 2, 2015

Paleo Cashew Chicken



Sorry in advance for these not being better quality photos for blogging but now that there is a new boss in town, you just gotta go with what you can do at the time!

I'm really trying to crack down on eating paleo all the way the last time I did it before I was pregnant I felt AMAZING!!! So while I was at the grocery store Sunday, I googled for some recipes and found this from the Ultimate Paleo Guide

INGREDIENTS:

2Boneless and skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 chunks)
1 Red bell pepper (cut into strips)
1 Onion (cut into strips)
1 Garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 cup Raw cashews
2 tbsp Coconut oil
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Coconut aminos
1 tbsp Rice vinegar
1 tsp Fresh grated ginger Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
3 Scallions (sliced)





Pour coconut oil onto large skillet over medium heat..

Add onion and red pepper and cook for a few minutes..

Toss in the chicken and cook 4-5 minutes..

Mix in garlic and cashew. Cook for another 2 -3 minutes..

Stir in honey, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, grated ginger and season with salt and pepper..

Cook another 4-5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

Serve and garnish with scallions.



It was absolutley amazing and Coach has already requested that we have it again!!
I'm not a fan of ginger so I left that off and also the scallions..

And, if you are like me and don't really know where a lot of stuff is at the grocery store... rice vinegar can be found on the baking aisle near the pickles. I just happened to look up and there it was! 


And, this precious little joined me for some cooking fun.



Let me know if you try it! I have no doubt you will love it too!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs