Monday, March 5, 2018

Fallyn // 9 Months


HEALTH



You had your 9 month checkup on Wednesday February 7th. 
You weighed in at 18 lbs and 15 oz (62%), you were 28 1/4 inches in length (73%), and HC WAS 17 1/4 (51%).
We were all curious how close you were to Finley at this age, and you two were SO CLOSE!

Dr Setia, as always, says that you were perfect -- he checks over you with a fine tooth comb just as he has with Finley. We love him for that! And always answers any questions that we have.. I had no concerns because you are healthy! 
You got one shot (thank the Lord) and also got your lead test done since we live in such an old house. You didn't even flinch when they pricked you and took your blood. 
You did so good in the doctors office period! And you were showing out for Me and Mom before the doctor came into the room. See pictures below! So hilarious!!

Mommy had a procedure done on January 31st (I know I haven't talked about this but just mentioned something that had taken place when you were born and I'm trying to decide how to write about it)
I was not allowed to pick you up for a week and Finley for one month. Whew! That is so challenging as little as y'all are.

This was the first morning after my procedure and you were cracking me up flipping thru this magazine like a big girl!


All smiles and so thankful to be healthy with no complications and home with my babies!
God. Is. Good.!


SLEEP

It's truly taken you awhile, in my opinion, to get down some good sleep habits. I didn't make the mistake with you as I did with Finley, keeping you in the living room all the time so close to us. Poor Finley was having 24 hour days with no way to tell what was daytime, nighttime, nap time, anything. In the beginning, you slept in our room in Wheezie crib that she had when she was a newborn. When you grew out of that, we put you in your room in your crib. Right after Thanksgiving, we got for real serious with your schedule and for the first couple of nights it was WONDERFUL. You were sleeping all thru the night without waking once for your bottle. And then, you started waking up again. We let you cry it out for a little bit but honestly I hate doing that and because you don't have doors on your room yet, it wakes Finley. 
Waking in the middle of the night continued off and on for a couple weeks and I figured out that you still were not getting enough milk during the day. You even went thru a time period where you wouldn't take all of your bottles and I wondered if you were just tired of milk. Once that picked back up and we have gotten consistent with your schedule, you have gotten back to sleeping thru the night again. You did wake up once a few days ago, but I think your teething has really affected you. 

You wake up anywhere from 7:30-8am, nap consistently around 10:30-11AM, have another nap in the afternoon (which this one is the hardest for you to go down), and you are in bed no later than 8:15PM.
You can really soothe yourself and I can even lay you down at bedtime drowsy and you will fall right to sleep by yourself. Sometimes you fall asleep drinking your bottle but other times you don't and you will sit up smiling and cooing and lay your head on my shoulder. That time is absolutely so sweet and something that I cherish so dearly. 
Other times when you don't fall asleep, you turn towards your crib and start leaning in that direction, and you don't give up until I lay you down. You LOVE your blanket that La La gave you and you are always cuddled up with it when I check on you. It is the sweetest. 


Fun afternoon with you girls! Mama Jane was here this day helping with y'all since I was still limited on what I could do. Mimi even stopped by and we were so into one of our conversations that you pulled up and were standing up by yourself without falling! 
If you are not walking before you are a year old, I will be very surprised! 






EATING

You have really been so great at eating more solids. The only thing that we buy as far as baby food is prunes and green beans. 
You've tried spaghetti, apples and sweet potatoes with cinnamon, peas, green beans, dressing from Thanksgiving, bananas, taco meat, chicken, blueberry muffins, pancakes, eggs, fage yogurt, zucchini and squash.


You are always into these dog kennels too!


WHAT FALLYN IS UP TO

Seriously, me and Wheezie were laughing so hard at you showing out at the doctors office! You were doing some kind of amazing yoga and you would hold these positions for what seemed like forever! I think that you just want to stand up so bad and can't figure out how to let go with your hands. 
Ignore the huge diaper... I didn't change you right away because I thought the doctor would be in shortly after the nurse but it took a little longer and boy was it FULL!


Love how much hair you have! And it continues to grow SO fast!






POST PARTUM

I had just really gotten into working out at a new gym good for about 2 or 3 weeks when I had to have my procedure done. Then I could not work out for one month. (As of this post, I have been released for a week tomorrow.) Just in those 2 weeks, I could tell a difference in my strength and tone in certain areas. And not to mention it was a huge stress relief to pump some iron and have some time to myself. I had MISSED it SO much! 
Before I went to Charleston last weekend, I had gotten down to 9 or 10 lbs before hitting my pre baby weight. I also was able to get into one pair of my bigger jeans and ZIP them up and button them. Boy was that a great feeling! Then I went out of town and although I don't feel like I did horrible, I did splurge a couple nights and ate food I shouldn't have eaten to keep up my progress. 
I am trying to eat paleo and I've added supplements into my diet. I am also researching intermintent fasting and really trying to figure out which would be best for me. I think I'm going to need a little help tho getting started. 


F1-F7

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs