Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Finley // Week 10

** Trying to catch up on all these posts.. it's seemed super busy around here lately!

HEALTH

You are getting to be such a big girl Finley! You had your 2 month checkup on Monday September 28th. You weighed in at 11 lbs and 7oz (42%) and were 22 3/4 inches long (49%). Your HC was 15 1/4 (54%)
I have no pictures of this Dr visit because we were about 10 minutes late and as soon as I got there, I jumped out of the truck and left my phone. You woke up screaming ready to eat about 15 minutes before we were supposed to leave and I wasn't about to make you stop eating once I started feeding you. You had taken a super long nap and I know you were ready to get some milk in you! On the way there I called to tell them we were on the way and I didn't get the best response ever.. I love your Pediatrician but I question a few of the office staff ladies.

You did SO GOOD! And we were all smiles and happy until you got 3 shots.. technically you only got stuck twice and it. was. pitiful. You had the most pitiful, scared, pain cry that I have never heard from you before. You really weren't yourself after all that for the rest of the day. You stayed in your Daddy's lap for most of the day if you weren't with me.

This morning was super fun! I even have a video of you 'talking' back to me. Sweetest coos ever!

 I'm pretty sure this is probably the last time we have 'swaddled' you. Your Daddy says you get entirely too hot when you are swaddled and it wakes you up.. and I have to agree with him that you are a little heater.


EATING

I woke up one morning to your Daddy telling me you took 6 oz!! Whoaa!! The most you have ever taken in one sitting! Sometimes you will take 5 oz from me, but if you have done any more than that, I get thrown up on.. like big time spit up that never seems to have an end. Sometimes you even pass out before you finish 4 oz. For the past couple weeks, you SERIOUSLY get TICKED OFF when we go to burp you.. like a somewhat high pitch squeal with an added 'fake' cry in the mix. And sometimes it takes forever for you to burp and other times, as soon as I sit you up, you have belched like a man. If you are fussy, as soon as we start to lay you back, you almost immediately stop.. nobody is fooling you sassy pants! You know you are about to get the milk! Ha!


Aunt Tracie brought you a Georgia Bulldogs bottle from work, but the nipple is too big and you started choking on the milk because it was coming out too fast.. so just to be festive for the game, I put the bottle koozie on the outside of one of your Dr Brown's bottles.


I LOVE being home with you on Saturday's with no schedule at all so I can cuddle with you if you need that extra affection..



.. And I LOVE seeing your smiling face!! These big smiles make my heart happy!!






I'm really just waiting for you to cackle out loud as big as your smiles are.. When I come get you in the mornings from you waking up, as soon as I start talking to you, you just plaster a smile on your face. 

It's been a rainy couple of weeks here in Georgia! That makes it a little cooler in the house so this was our Sunday lounging attire.





I love your footsies!!


3 AMIGAS

Sox is coming around more! 


Seriously one of my favorite pictures of all time.


 This one cracks me up because she almost looks like.. what is this thing and what do I do with it?? Haha! She is a gentle giant!






The puppies are never far away from me.. 


And Kyli still tries to sneak borrowing your Boppy.. and she is still patient waiting her turn to get some of her own snuggles in...


Kyli and Mara have both tried licking you to pieces but I've stopped them the best I can before they get to you. They just love you!

WHAT FINLEY IS UP TO

Smiling SO BIG!! ..
Having fun letting Mommy dress you up and have photoshoots! With it getting cooler you may only wear some of these outfits a couple of times ...







You love long naps with your Daddy .. 


You love your changing table and talk a lot while your laying there..

You LOVE bath time unless you are really sleepy and then you get a little fussy when I take you out of the tub..
You have been focusing on objects and I've noticed your eyes following objects at times..
You are cooing and smiling A LOT..
We got the carpets shampooed this week and you slept thru ALL the noise!..
You still love being outside.. if you are fussy and we walk outside with you, you immediately calm down..
You are still in size 1 diapers..
Some NB or 0-3 onsies still fit but there are a couple of 3 month outfits that fit you already. I have a couple of 3 month outfits with the tags still on them.. so I'm thinking I may have to return them if it gets super cool before they fit..
You HATE tummy time.. I mean you fuss the whole entire time. Even when Dr Setia was checking you at your 2 month appt, you didn't even pretend you liked it for one second..
Gamma (your Daddy's mom) has been keeping you most of the time and sometimes Mama Jane and Pop have kept you.. You've even spent some time at my Mom's (we don't know what her grandmother name will be yet) house with Mama Jane and Gigi.. when the timing is right, you will know more about my Mom and why she hasn't been able to come around as much right now.. 
When I've sat down to rock you at times, you haven't seemed to like that too much. So I stand back up, and we bounce, and you calm back down..
You seem to have put yourself on a 7-730 bedtime schedule. I wish it was a couple hours later because this is when you start to sleep the longest but how in the world do I do that?? It's really heartbreaking because sometimes I get home and you are already asleep. 

POST PARTUM

I've probably said this too much but when do the hormones level back out??! Some days I am on top of the world!!! And other days, I am crying every time I turn around. I really think I'm driving my family and friends crazy!! When I say I'm not going to get upset, I hold it in, hold it in, and BAM.. here comes the flood gates..
3rd week into t-25 and still prepping meals.. 
I've been reading a lot on Paleo when I've had some spare time and I just need to write down some meals and get started on it seriously. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right. When I ate straight Paleo for a week it was the best I have ever felt!! I think it's something that may really work for me instead of trying to count macros.

THOUGHTS
Work has seriously been busier than I intended it to be when I went back. I just feel like I am gone entirely too long during the day. There have been some days where I've really gone almost mad and called and canceled all my clients for the day. Boy wouldn't that be a mess?!
When I was emailing pictures off my phone to Finley's account this weekend, I came across newborn pictures and she was SO tiny! I just busted out in tears because there were pictures on there that I didn't even remember taking... I just want to redo it all over again with her! They really do change so much so fast.

Finley, Mommy LOVES holding you and cuddling with you every chance I get! Mornings are super sweet and seem to be your happiest and the most relaxed because you are still trying to wake up.. the house is all quiet too and we just have our own little mommy/daughter time, cuddle session. I love to hear you coo and 'talk' with me and your Daddy.. they are THE sweetest sounds ever! 
When you finally get asleep and I rock you at night, I say this simple prayer .. "I just speak life, and health, prosperity and peace, and protection over Finley in the name of Jesus. I just speak peaceful, restful sleep over Finley in the name of Jesus. I just pray that Finley will have a burning, hearts desire for You, Lord." And I'll repeat it several times. 
I'm certainly not trying to rush you growing up, however, I'm looking forward to us doing stuff together! We've only been able to stroll to the pond one time because its been so wet but I enjoyed it so much and I can't wait to do it again! I'm looking forward to me, you, and your Daddy going to the pumpkin patch together.. I noticed the pumpkins are already there.. So much fun!! And your 3 month pictures are coming up soon.. 3 MONTHS?? 
I love you SOOO much precious girl! I know I've said it before and I will say it again.. you are such a joy and a complete angel baby! 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs