Thursday, July 27, 2017

A New Kind of Morning // Fort Yargo


La La got us out of the house early yesterday morning. Super early for us that is. 
Me and the girls were out of the house by 8AM! I don't think any of us have been up that early in quite some time to go anywhere ... maybe except for Fallyn to take her bottle and then right back to bed .. and me following suit especially if Fin is still asleep. I'm sure anyone with young kids is their normal to be up super early but for us it's just not. Shane and I are both night owls and I see our girls becoming night owls as well.. well, maybe not Fallyn yet but definitely Finley. 




With several different factors, and one of them being Shane getting home late or not being at home to see Fin for a several days due to work, Finley's bed time has been anywhere from 9:30 - 11ish. Yes you read that right.. 11ish. I know.. we are crazy right?! With that comes her sleeping late in the morning and with Fallyn's schedule that means that Mom can go back to sleep ... and then we are all waking up at the same time around 10ish ... 

LET THE CHAOS BEGIN!!

We are ALL starving ... Finley's diaper and clothes are soaked ... Fallyn is screaming because she wants her milk ... I'm trying not to pee on myself because I hit the floor running and forgot to take a moment in the bathroom ... I'm trying to cook breakfast while trying to keep a toddler from having a major meltdown because she's hangry ... the 3 Amigas are staring me down to get fed and meanwhile I'm tripping over them because they won't let me out of their sight ... I mean I could probably keep going but I'll stop there with embarrassing myself. 

IN. SAN.I.TY.

But yesterday..  yesterday was different. And it was wonderful. 
Fallyn slept 7 hours! I felt like I got some deep, amazing sleep as well. I fed her, we both went back to bed for a few more minutes, I got up and showered, dressed, packed the car, got Fallyn in her seat, Shane got Fin up and in the car and we were on our way to meet La La at Fort Yargo in town for some "beach" girl time. Needless to say, it got Fin up out of bed early and going, by 12:30 she was ready for a nap (instead of 2:30) and even fell asleep (LITERALLY 30 seconds from home) with her sunglasses down by her mouth, a chicken nugget in one hand and a French fry in the other. Super sad I didn't get a picture of that but I had already unpacked the car and realized my phone was in the house. boo. No matter how much I talked to her she just couldn't keep those pretty eyes open. 
Finally she got back to sleep, me and Fallyn slept, ALL AT THE SAME TIME WHHHAAA???, I finally  got Fin up at 3 and she was back in bed by 8:45PM. 



YES!!! 8:45! Not 10, not 11, not 11:30 by the time she's laid down. 
IT. WAS. AMAZING.
And one of the best parts?
Lil Bit fell asleep during bath time and slept all the way until we finished, got dressed, had a snack, read 3 books, and had some major snuggles and prayer time. Did Finley cry out for a little bit because she heard Sissy and I had to lay her down? Yes. But seriously not very long AT. ALL.

Please, please, please be the beginning of this new routine. And Bless her heart, after she slept until 8:30, I had to go in and wake her up this morning just to try and stay on track. She was sleeping HARD too. She gets that from her Daddy. 
Sissy was still asleep, (and actually still is snoozing as a matter of fact), we had snuggle time, made muffins and she's in a WONDERFUL mood!


So thank you La la! 
THANK YOU.
Thank you for getting us out of bed and getting our day started to something new. Thank you for getting me out of the house. Did I want to continue sleeping yesterday morning? Yeah. I did. But I knew it would be so much fun for everyone. And of course, it was LONG over due to see yo beautiful face. 
You know we've talked about this new schedule thing and it is SO easy to sleep when you are so exhausted but I know this is the beginning of a great new schedule. 


The struggle is real and I couldn't imagine how it would be with these sweet girls any closer together than what they are now. Yesterday was just absolutely great. I felt like I had one on one time with each of the girls and then there were times I had them both at the same time. And then, having her in bed so early, finally allowed me to get some things done and even do one or two things that I enjoy doing that I haven't been able to do in quite some time.

Like work on some blog posts. 
I'm so determined to keep up with Fallyn's milestones just as I have with Finley (and lets face it, I'm super behind with hers already) but the struggle has been super real in doing so. 
And, I know I'm not the best writer and my posts are super bland with me just writing down Lil Bit's weekly milestone posts so I want to say thank you to any readers who are still reading this blog.

 Is there anybody left? 

I'd love to hear from you if there is! 

I hope this is the beginning of me getting back into this more and more. I have to say, I have SO enjoyed looking back on Finley's milestones... its amazing what your brain forgets!! Now, I just need to get a little more detailed with Fallyn's and not be in such an exhausted rush to write her posts... And, the girls will have this to look back on when they get older. 

So here is to new schedule's and a little less chaos!

Oh, and Fallyn rolled over TWICE yesterday... from her stomach to her back... 1 day before her big 3 months!!
My littlest is getting so big and grown so very fast.

Time. Slow. Down.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs