Monday, January 27, 2014

Southwestern Tofu Scramble

A few days after I made that Eggplant and Tofu dish I remembered a delicious tofu recipe that I found several years ago. It has just been tucked away and forgotten about. I made it for Coach one time when we were dating but he wasn't too thrilled about it. I tried to fib a little bit and tell him it was chicken but he wasn't having it. Ha!
It is super EASY and super DELICIOUS!!

Ingredients:

3 teaspoons canola oil; divided (I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1 14 oz package water packed firm tofu; rinsed and crumbled
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt; divided (I skipped this)
1 small zucchini; diced
3/4 cup frozen corn; thawed
4 scallions; sliced (I replaced with squash)
1/2 cup shredded Mont Jack Cheese
1/2 cup prepared salsa
1/4 cup fresh cilantro

Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, chili powder, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until tofu browns, 4-6 minutes.
Transfer to bowl.


Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon oil to pan. Add zucchini, corn, scallions (or squash), and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until veggies are just tender, about 3 minutes. 


I even added a tad more chili powder to the veggies for extra spice.
 Return tofu to pan and cook, stirring, until heated thru, about 2 minutes.


Remove from heat and stir in cheese until just melted. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons salsa and cilantro.

I only added salsa, since I am doing the 24 Day Challenge and trying to eat as clean as possible. The taste was still soooo delish!


Nutrition Facts: 202 Cals/ 12 g Fat (4 Sat, 5 Mono)/ 13mg Chol/ 12g Carbs/ 13g Protein/ 3g Fiber

An oldie but a goodie!

signature

Original Recipe Source

1 comments:

Megan said...

I take it Shane still isn't a big fan of this one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs