Tuesday, July 7, 2015

BUMPDATE // 37 Weeks


HOW FAR ALONG // 37 weeks

37 weeks pregnant belly pic


BABY SIZE // About the size of a Swiss Chard


Your due date is very close now, but doctors don't consider your baby "full term" until 39 weeks. Spending the next two weeks in the womb allows your baby's brain and lungs to fully mature. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by an Elvis look-alike. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.


MY SYMPTOMS // Really not much has changed except I had my 37 week checkup yesterday and I am at 1cm and 50% effacement. I was NOT expecting that and I was not expecting to get checked again yesterday. At my last week appt, they just told me if I felt different, they would check me then, but they didn't even ask.. just told me to get undressed.
As soon as he told me things have already started, adrenaline kicked in and I didn't stop yesterday. I am feeling it today by the way! I surprised myself because I was solo at my appt, and felt pretty calm. Dr. Elder even said if I was nervous, I was covering it up pretty well. I know the thoughts of delivery don't even phase some women but for me, its just the thoughts of the unknown. I have always been like this with everything.
My BP was 110/64 (I'm pretty sure that's what it was.. I'm having a hard time remembering), they pricked my finger and all was great with my iron, and I had gained 1 LB. After all is said and done, I'll ask how much I gained in all. Baby's HR was strong around 145 and once again she was busy moving while I was getting checked. By the time I got home, I had already bled a little from being checked and spotted a good bit of the day but it finally stopped.
I really don't think I will make to the 24th but I know anything can happen so we will just wait and see!
I felt good yesterday after all that but woke up extremely early this morning to some serious cramping. I tried so hard to sleep thru it but it wasn't happening and I felt nauseous. Eventually, it let up, and I was able to catch some more zzzz's.
My belly has felt SO heavy!! I can really tell when I go to lay down at night.. I can just tell a difference.
No undies or pajama pants I have are comfortable anymore. This just started Sunday, so I know it has to be because she has dropped some. I even bought new undies Saturday, they were perfectly fine, and now I'm thinking I'll go back for more.
My ears have been getting stopped up too.. that's a new one but I did read this week that can happen.

MATERNITY CLOTHES // Yes and I have moved on to the Shane Hopper attire... Nike gym shorts and XL Team Elite t-shirts.

SLEEP // When I'm asleep, I'm sleeping heavy but it has been pretty erratic. Maybe its just my body getting practice for when she gets here. I'm so glad to have cut back my hours so I can fall back asleep in the morning if I need it.
I have never been a snorer either, but my nose has been so messed up, I have woken myself up several times the past couple weeks snoring! HAAA!! 

MOVEMENT // I can feel her pretty strong now.. she is running out of room and sometimes my belly looks lopsided. She loves the left side and she loves digging something way down south to the point where I have to stop what I'm doing sometimes. Ouch!! Since I've been up more during the night, I have realized just how busy she is then! I couldn't believe all the movement this morning in the wee hours.

CRAVINGS // I am SO sick of food.

GENDER // Girl!

WHAT I MISS // Regular clothes, sushi, bending down without it being a production (at this point what falls in the floor, stays in the floor), energy, sleeping on my back...

WORK OUTS // None.

EMOTIONS // I've really been trying to concentrate hard on my prayers this past week. Sunday night, I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so I just started praying specifically for things and thanking God for all His blessings.. before I knew it, I was back to sleep and almost late getting to my appointment!
Yesterday, I had the urge to cancel all my clients this week so I can finish last minute stuff. But, I didn't do it.. It's not going to kill me to work a few hours a day... hopefully.

I love sitting in Baby Hopper's room, looking at all her clothes, and just looking around her room. I can't believe it's so close to her getting here!

DREAMS // None this week that I remember.

HUBBY'S THOUGHTS // Coach will say, "how is your basketball?" He is too funny.
When I called him yesterday about how my appt went, I think he was shocked to hear that things were getting started. Of course men don't say a whole lot so I asked him how he felt about hearing that news.. he said it was exciting and nerve wrecking all at the same time.

3 AMIGAS THOUGHTS // I think I have been loving on all of them too much lately because they got into a fight Sunday. I don't know who started it because my view was blocked and they just wouldn't let up. It even continued after they stopped, to the point where I had to put Kyli on the back porch because she wouldn't back down... so I'm thinking she was the instigator in the whole thing. When I go into the nursery, they all 3 will follow me in there, Sox normally leaves but Kyli and Mara will find a spot somewhere and sit with me.



BEST PREGNANCY MOMENT THIS WEEK //

I finished some projects yesterday! I'm so excited about them!
I've already started writing a post on them...

This chifferobe...


.. and these Headband holders! 
Already working on a DIY post that's coming soon!


Her room is coming together and when the bedding gets finished and curtains hung, you better believe I'll be sharing!
I'm so excited about everything coming together! There is SO much girl stuff, which makes it very difficult for me to make decisions on decor for her room. So I hope what I envisioned in my head, is what will be when I get the rest of her items hung on the walls.

Baby Hopper, we are so excited to meet you and can't believe how fast these 9 months have flown by and are so close now! I love feeling your dance parties in my belly.. your Daddy asks about you constantly, "How is she doing today?".. I keep looking at your pictures and imagining you being here already and how adorable you will look in all your clothes. My at the clothes you have already! There are so many family and friends that have been asking about us and how excited they are to meet you. You are so loved already! Mommy and Daddy love you so much!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs