Sunday, August 5, 2012

Scripture Sunday's


This morning Coach and I got up and went to early service this morning at Bethlehem First Baptist.

It was an AWESOME service if I do say so myself.

Just wanted to share what I got out of this morning.. I don't claim to be a preacher, (I have a huge admiration to those who are because of my massive phobia of speaking to a crowd), so   I hope I can deliver this as good as it was delivered to me.

What Pastor Jason made me initially realize was that our prayers can be vague for the fact that we don't want God to disappoint. 

None of us want to be disappointed, right? But, what was brought back to my attention was that God is a God of promises.

He promises to supply every need we have..

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus". Philippians 4:19

He promises victory over Death..

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" 
I Corinthians 15:57

He promises those who believe in Jesus will be saved..

"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."
Mark 16:16

He promises eternal life..

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."
John 10:27,28

Pretty cool, huh?

Then he asked the question,

"How do You pray?"

....With INTENSITY or vaguely?



How you pray is a direct reflection of what you believe about God.. and what you believe about God directly affects who you become.

What do you REALLY believe about God?
What do your prayers indicate?
Are you happy and satisfied with who you are BECOMING?
(whether that be what your marriage is, your life, and so forth)

Be specific in your prayers and trust God!
What do you believe? If your beliefs are vague then your prayers are vague.
The more faith you have the more specific your prayers will become.


Joshua 1:5 says, .. "I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Like I said in last week's Scripture Sunday's, I need to learn to trust Him! He has already shown me He provides for me just by me having a roof over my head, food to eat, and clothing to cover my body! Thank you Father! 

Hope you had a BLESSED SUNDAY and have a BLESSED WEEK!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs