Sunday, August 16, 2015

And He's off to Basic


Last Sunday, family and friends got together to celebrate Kolton and his new journey with the Army National Guard. 
We had good ol' cookout food.. grilled hotdogs, baked beans, cole slaw, pasta salad, chips and cupcakes for dessert. It was delish! Some fished and some played horse shoes .. it was so hot tho Finley and I mostly hung out in the air conditioned building. 













I must say he was so calm, excited, and I think more than ready to get on the road and start this next chapter in his life. I mean the last picture of this post just says it all if you ask me!

Monday, he came over to the house and we all got to spend some time together. 

He made his way to Atlanta on Tuesday for some ARMY business he had to take care of and then Wednesday he reported to Fort Gillem ...


.. And he was the last group to get on the bus at 1:00pm. 


Like I said he was so excited!
He was able to text me when he landed which I was so excited he was able to do so but we won't be able to have his address for two weeks. I can't wait to hear from so we can start writing each other!
He will do basic for 9 weeks, have graduation, and then continue individual training.
He won't be home tho until December 10th. I'm sure it will be here before you know it but it will seem like forever!


Please keep my brother in your prayers! They are greatly appreciated.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs