Friday, September 28, 2012

Sweet Trio..

So yesterday I was able to spend a little time with Trio. He has a little bit more pep in his step but I feel like he still has a little bit to go before he is at true speed.



He loves all the attention he is getting from all of us. Tracie, Mrs Connie, Coach, and myself.
I am trying to get in touch with a vet who will come check him out and treat him. One of his back legs is swollen a little bit and he favors it while standing but he doesn't limp when he walks.
He has some sores on him, a cut mark on his rear, and a some other things that a friend pointed out today who came to the house to help tell me more about him.

This afternoon, Coach and I spent some time with him. We brushed him and talked to him and he absolutely loved it. I don't know much at all about horses but he seemed to turn when he wanted another spot brushed. It was so cute and funny.

I feel like I am becoming more comfortable around him but I still have a lot to learn. Last night I stayed up a little later reading some different sites on the internet about horses. From what I have read and heard from people they are very smart animals.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday afternoon.



He stands the longest like this and lets me rub his forehead.

Tracie told me to walk out from him a bit and see if he would follow me.. He did! He walked with me and made somewhat of a circle with me and came back to where we feed him.









This bottom picture may have been a little risky doing but I was down and up in two seconds. 


This weekend we are going to try and get him closer to the front of pasture where our houses are so we can keep a closer eye on him. I can't wait to get him cleaned up too! 

Honestly I am so ready for the vet to come take a look at him and hopefully tell me he is good but just needs TLC and to gain some weight. I know they are very expensive animals and I am praying there is nothing serious wrong with him. We will see. It's so obvious how bad he was neglected by his previous owners. 

 It infuriates me just thinking of what they did to get him inside our pasture. No one has come looking nor has anyone claimed him that Tracie has talked to. 

I think he gets more comfortable with us everyday and is starting to trust us more.


Linking up

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see how much care and love you give your horse! Saying hi from Just Because Fridays! I'm a new follower and I hope you can check out my blog too. It's at http://rushingforbagels.blogspot.com :)

Jen

Ashley said...

Thank you for your kind words and thank you for stopping by! I will definitely check it out. Hope you are having a great weekend!
XxOo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs