Monday, September 9, 2013

Turns Out.. I'm an ISFJ..

Linking up with Jenni from Story of my LIfe for 

Today's topic is 
Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (at the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account - click "click to view" under "You" and "self awareness and personal growth." You can even google your type and find more info on it!)

I guess, since I have lived a somewhat sheltered life, I have actually never heard of this test. Should I be embarrassed? So it was pretty interesting to see my results.
After all my questions were answered it was brought to my attention that I am an ISFJ.

Introvert 11%
Sensing 38%
Feeling 50%
Judging 56%

I even let Coach read my results and he said they were pretty spot on. We originally read from the Typelogic but I ended up googling more on ISFJ and found this page with more info!

The first thing I read at the top of the page was The Nurturer. I cracked a grin when I read this because just a couple of months ago, Amber and I, were having a conversation and she told me I was just this. I do believe this myself, especially in the sense of taking care of the 3 Amigos, our four-legged babies. Before Coach and I got together, it was just me and Kyli.


And Coach says I have made her the most spoiled dog ever. And with her I got a little taste of what taking care of a human baby would be like. When I lived in Athens, she even went to a doggie day care, where they offered 'extras' at night. I made sure if she was there for an over night stay she got cuddle time and a bed time story from one of the employees. Over the top? I don't care. She was my only saving grace for a period in my life and for that she and I have a special bond. 
Then, when Coach and I did get together, for the final time.. we shall save that story for another time, he had Sox and then I found Mara in the middle of the road near our house.


They are both rescues and two peas in pod! You never see one without the other. Now for Mara, I did try my best in finding her a great home. By the time people started asking about her tho, I had already gotten too attached to give her up. I was to the point where I wanted to take applications and interview folks, I had already bought her a collar and toys, and named her; so, Mara became apart of the family. 
All that being said, they never go without. They probably have me trained more than I have them trained. I never want to miss petting them when they 'ask' for it.. I want them to know they are loved. And it just PEEVES me to see mistreated animals. 
I. CANNOT. HANDLE. IT. 

ISFJs learn best by doing, rather than by reading about something in a book, or applying theory.

This is absolutely true for me. Just show me how to do something or let me do it while you are explaining to me and then I've got it. 

More so than other types, ISFJs are extremely aware of their own internal feelings, as well as other people's feelings. They do not usually express their own feelings, keeping things inside.

I am so guilty of this. Keeping feelings inside, especially when I am upset, it builds and builds, and then  it explodes. I feel this is something that I want to work on. It's not healthy to keep it inside and you might as well just go ahead and get everything in the open and settle whatever it is.


ISFJs need positive feedback from others. In the absence of positive feedback, or in the face of criticism, the ISFJ gets discouraged, and may even become depressed. When down on themselves or under great stress, the ISFJ begins to imagine all of the things that might go critically wrong in their life. They have strong feelings of inadequacy, and become convinced that "everything is all wrong", or "I can't do anything right".

My jaw almost seriously dropped when I read this. As strong and blessed as I am in certain areas, there are just other things that I want to succeed at so bad, and when something goes wrong, I can't tell you how many times that last thought has gone thru my mind. I need to stop that. Everybody can't be good at every single thing, including me. 

They need to remember to not be overly critical of themselves, and to give themselves some of the warmth and love which they freely dispense to others.

I do believe I am my worst critic and I sure do need to take this advice!


Well how is that for your learning-something-new-everyday?
I am so glad to have learned about this and will be googling more on ISFJ.

signature

3 comments:

BRIGHTLIGHTS said...

I am the same as you too!! It was definitely spot on for me. I even shared with a friend and she agreed!

*Butler, Party of 4* said...

This was SO spot on for you!!!

Charlotte said...

Found you from the link-up, I'm an ISFJ, too! It was crazy to see how accurately this described me! In a recent breakup, my ex said, "You're always trying to be everybody's mom." HELLO, it's just part of my personality! Haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs