Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Food Prep & a couple of Jamie Eason Recipe's

Sunday I posted a picture on Instagram of my food prep madness. I had several peeps 'like' it and a couple of sweet ladies asking for the recipes. 

I have never really understood the importance of food prepping until this past year and a half. It seriously helps me to grab the healthy things that I have prepared and not think twice about it rather than unhealthy choices on the go. I will be completely honest, the last few weeks I haven't been as serious about it as I have been in the past. During the week at times, I have gone to Subway because of poor planning and not having anything at work. I suppose this is better than say, Zaxby's or Arby's, but since I have started eating fresh veggies, etc., the taste is not good at all. Once you stop eating processed foods and then start back, it's crazy how you can taste the difference! I'm not saying Subway is processed, but it's just not the same to me.

I felt so good when I was food prepping and it feel so good to be putting the best possible nutrition in your body. Back in March, I started the Jamie Eason LiveFit Trainer. It is 100% free on BODYBUILDING.COM. It is a 3 phase program for 12 weeks and she tells you every exercise you will be doing, even comes with a picture and offers a video explanation if you need it. She also lays out what your diet should be and what you should be eating all day. There is an approved detailed food list, recipes, and more!
Once again, ALL FOR F-R-E-E!

Sunday night I got busy after a quick grocery store run and started with my hard boiled eggs. If you check out Jamie Eason's Phase 1, she suggests 5 egg whites for breakfast. I have a Biggest Loser Steamer--


-- that I use for 'boiling' them. I can do twelve at one time and it only takes about 13 minutes before they are done. You can cook ALL kinds of foods in this baby. I steam chicken, fish, all kinds of veggies, everything. Mine is so worn out the knob has even broken off. I have to stick a knife on the part that's left, twist it, and set the timer on the oven. 


I also made Peanut Butter Protein Bites for snacks. They are SOO DELISH! I have to be careful tho because I can get cray cray shoving them in my mouth. 

In Jamie Eason's suggested diet, for mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack, she tells you in 'other options' you can have 4 protein bars as an alternative. I don't know about you but I love some chocolate and I wanted to try these recipes. They would be super convenient for me, especially at work, when I only have a couple of extra minutes to spare before my next client. It's a busy world behind the chair!

I started with the Lemon Protein Bars and they turned out SO good! They actually ended up being chocolate-lemon because all I had was chocolate whey instead of vanilla. 


Here is what you will need:

1 Cup Oat flour
2 scoops vanilla whey protein
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 qt mix Crystal Light (preferably without aspartame)
4 egg whites
1/2 cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal (I used Stevia in the Raw)
8oz baby food applesauce
4oz water

Preheat oven to 450*
Mix oat flour, vanilla whey, salt, baking soda, Crystal Light in a large bowl.
Mix egg whites, Splenda, applesauce, and water in a bowl.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
Spray 8x8 Pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
Pour ingredients into dish.
Bake for 23 minutes. 

For Chocolate Protein Bars:


1 cup oat flour
4 egg whites
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (again I used chocolate whey protein)
1/2 cup splenda, truvia, Ideal (I used Stevia in the Raw)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
8oz Berry flavored baby food
3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
4oz water

Preheat oven to 350*.
Mix dry ingredients together- oat flour, whey protein powder, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa.
Mix wet ingredients together- egg whites, splenda, baby food, and water.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
Spray cooking dish with non-stick butter spray and add batter to dish.
Cook 20-30  minutes in oven.


I also have started back with myfitnesspal. It is a FREE app to count your calories, log your food, and exercise. You can also add friends and if you want you can check mine out. My profile name is AHopper15.
I hope I have been thorough enough to help you guys out!

Happy prepping!

signature

1 comments:

Tammy Jo said...

I LOVE the myfitnesspal!! I really need to start meal prepping just not sure how to get started lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs