Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry Christmas from the Hopper's! // Coming July 2015

FINALLY able to let this news out and boy does it feel like a ton has been lifted off mine and Shane's shoulders both!
We are expecting a little one to make his/her arrival around July 24th!


Aaahhhhh! Can you tell Kyli is thrilled?? Little girl has absolutely no idea what's about to happen to her little world. Ha!

So I was supposed to start the Monday before Thanksgiving and it didn't happen.. I really wasn't concerned because I never start on the exact day. Sorry if that is TMI. Tuesday rolled around and nothing but I was cramping like CRAZY! Wednesday nothing and starting to get anxious. Thursday one of my favorite clients came in her son is also playing with Team Elite now and she jokes with me about "I'm still waiting on my phone call to tell me your pregnant." I said, "No Jennifer, I am about to start and I am cramping like crazy so I know it's coming." In which her reply was, "Now that doesn't always mean that.. you know it can also mean the baby is implanting in your uterus." 
Insert really hot feeling all over and the word REALLY?? coming out of my mouth.
Friday rolls around and nothing and by this time I just felt like yup.. I know I am.

I did my first appointment, had a break, left and bought test, came back to the salon and took my first one. Immediately, it turned positive.
I cried.
Silly me with hormones!! I think I thought this because I made it to Day 59 on Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer and was finally getting some ab definition. LOL! 

Motivation for after the baby is born!


Got my second appointment done, took a second test, watched it turn immediately, left again for more test, returned to the salon and took a third one because 3 is one of our numbers and watched it turn +.



I'd say that we were pregnant. 

By this point, I was just running on adrenaline because I couldn't believe it. 
Never say NEVER folks! 
That's what I have always said.. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I'm the oldest and there were always babies around growing up.. I'm just not sure why never.

Of course, I didn't want to tell Coach over the phone. He waited on me that night to go to the gym, we made a trip to the dollar store for crackers afterwards, and that was the perfect opportunity for me to try and find a onesie. Well, they didn't have any so finally I found a bib that said Allstar on it, we got home, I wrote 'future' on it with a sharpie and put it in a box with the three tests I took. 

We had been talking lately about budget, so I thought it would be funny to preface with "I know I shouldn't have spent this money getting you this but I just couldn't resist and I wanted you to have it." Something along those lines.

"What is this?"
"Just open the box and see!"
First he pulls out the bib. 
"What is this? You pregnant? You pregnant? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??"
Uum yes Coach. Yes that is what those sticks mean. 


Then, all the color drained from his face and maybe after about 20 minutes of recuperating on the couch, he finally got up and hugged me. Bless him, he told me all the things that needed to be done before he/she gets here was just running thru his mind.

I can't speak for Shane but I ran on adrenaline and shock for about two weeks. We had to wait FOREVER for our first doctor appointment, December 3rd, and that was only blood work and paperwork. 
We finally made it to December 19th for our first Ultra Sound, we both met the Dr for the first time (LOVE him and he has delivered 3 of my cousins) and heard the heart beat at 150.

Our little miracle!

I was 9 weeks that Friday and in some of our pictures you can already see the arms and legs starting to form. 

If you have noticed my absence, its because the only time I have to blog is at night, and that is when I have felt the worst. I haven't thrown up but the nausea has been super fierce. My bed time has been out of this world, ridiculously early for me! Last Saturday, I woke up feeling like a new woman and almost back to myself and then Christmas Eve and Christmas Day night it was back on with a vengeance. Maybe I just did too much.

I have been journaling my thoughts and things that have happened so hopefully I will get those posted soon to share with you friends and family too and so I can remember this later on.
Still going to share our Christmas tree and decor around the house.. as well as our Christmas festivities.

I hope everyone had a VERY Merry Christmas!!

Every good gift and perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights,  with whom is no variables, neither shadow of turning. 
James 1:17

signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs