Wednesday, November 12, 2014

It's What's for Dinner... Paleo Style

I sure did miss you guys yesterday! My plan is to catch up with all you guys today! The going to bed early at a decent hour has continued the past few nights.. WHOO HOO I'm on a roll! Seriously tho, 10:30 bedtime and I've been getting a good 8-9 hours restful sleep. I'm. Loving. It! 
Yesterday was a FULL day, and I just didn't make it here because I knew I would miss my bedtime if I would have opened my laptop. 
BUT, I wanted to share with you a new recipe I found last night for us to try for din din.

PALEO CROCKPOT JAMBALYA SOUP

Ingredients:

5c. chicken stock
4 peppers - any color you want, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 large can of organic diced tomatoes (leave the juice)
2 cloves garlic, diced
2 bay leafs
1 lb large shrimp, raw and de-veined
4 oz chicken, diced
1 package spicy Andouille sausage
1/2 -1 head of cauliflower
2c okra (optional)
3 tbsp Cajun seasoning 
1/4 c Frank's Red Hot (or hot sauce of your choice)


Or you can make your own Cajun seasoning:

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
(yields about 2/3 c)

1. Put the chopped peppers, onions, garlic, chicken, cajun seasoning, Red Hot, and bay leafs in the crockpot with the chicken stock. Set on low for 6 hours.
2. About 30 minutes before it's finished, toss in the cut up sausages.
3. While this is cooking quickly make cauliflower rice by pulsing raw cauliflower in the food processor until is resembles rice.
4. For the last 20 minutes, add in the cauliflower rice and the raw shrimp. Note: you can choose to quickly stem the cauliflower rice in the microwave and serve the jambalaya OVER it as well.


Doesn't sound just delicious??? 
Coach was helping me unpack groceries yesterday and he picked up the sausage and said, "YOU bought sausage???!" Yes honey... just for you I bought sausage. I didn't mean for you to see that it was "all natural, no hormones", but hopefully you will still eat it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs