Sunday, November 23, 2014

Santa Clause Wine Bottle // Tutorial

santa wine bottles diy

As y'all have read, I found something similar to this on Pinterest and was pretty bummed when there wasn't a tutorial. Thank goodness for a little bit of my crafty skills and being able to somewhat duplicate!

You will need:

bottles
twine
gloss red spray paint
matte black spray paint
glitter spray paint
self stick gems
craft clear crystal rhinestones (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
glue gun/glue sticks
painters tape
fabric glue
bells

1.
I began with soaking all the bottles for easy removal of the labels and then dried them.
Spray your bottles with red gloss spray paint. I applied several times.


 2.
Follow that with the glitter spray paint.
You can add as little or as much as you want to. I would suggest after every couple of sprays to shake the bottle again. You will notice not much will come out if you don't. 


3.
Allright. On the original that I found, I could NOT tell what the black 'belt' was made of.. sooo I looked in all my stuff and found some painters tape and I had just happened to have black metallics paint for another project. 
I thought it worked pretty good!



Take off the tape after the black dries.. it won't take the red or the glitter!


4.
Next, I glued on the twine with the Crafter's fabric glue.
You have to be a little patient with getting it started but once you get the first piece glued you are good to go! You don't have to apply glue to the whole section either.. once you get it started you are OK just to apply every couple of wraps.
And don't worry about the glue that shows.. it dries clear and you will never see it!


5.
I found these stick on gems at Michael's and just eye-balled the placement. Be sure to get them as close to where you want them.. if you try and move them the sticky will come off the back and they aren't any good anymore.



6.
Next, I glued the clear crystals on with a dab of glue from the glue gun.


Finish your project with glueing on the bells at the top and you have your very own Santa bottles!


Hope this tutorial helps and have fun making them!
Both of these sold this week at the salon before the Christmas Bazaar and the same lady who bought them has asked for two more.. whoo hoo!! 

P.S. If you have a better idea come to mind for the black please share

signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs