Friday, July 6, 2012

Life on the Farm

When you live on the 'farm', you get to see so many cool things I don't think you would normally see anywhere else.

And in the last couple of weeks, I feel like I have gotten to witness a couple of pretty cool things.

I came home last Friday, let the Pups out and while they were running around I decided to check on the hydrangeas, to see if there was ANYTHING left from the 118* heat wave we had.. and I stumbled upon this--



A baby bird who was learning to fly!

I don't know if I should have touched it or not, but it let me get close enough to touch it! 

Sadly to say, the wild apes came running up, startled it, and it flew off the bush and into the milk barn. 

And that is when I heard the Mama bird screeching from the tree nearby. I went and put the dogs away and went back to the barn to see if I could find the poor little guy.

Sure enough I found him in the back of the barn hiding under one of the chairs we have stored out there.

To make a long story short, I shewed him out the door and into the yard again. He never flew, but hopped his way back to the trees nearby while his mom was screeching the whole time and flying around him as he made his way back.

I had never seen that before and what an awesome thing to be able to witness!

There are SO many birds around here and we have found so many nests around the yard too. One afternoon, I even sat on the porch and happened to catch two blue birds making a huge nest in one of the pecan trees. They would leave the nest at the same time and come back at the same time with items they found for building it. 



Just this afternoon, I was walking into the foyer with my future Mom-in-Law, and she stopped me with, "Look! Look!" 

Through our glass door, I saw a squirrel, literally chilling on one of the concrete slabs off the porch.






I think at this point it saw us moving around and after this picture he got up and ran. 

I was seriously CRACKING UP!!! Coach and I thought it was one of the coolest things.

It's not everyday you can say Rocky was chillin' on your front porch. 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs