Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Legs Like Jell-O

A few days ago, my friend Nikki and I decided we were going to go on a hike at Stone Mountain.


So we met up for our adventure yesterday and 
Holy Hike up the hill.

The last time I remember going to Stone Mountain was, well, I really can't remember when it was but I do know I went to see the Laser Show. I can BARELY remember it.

In all the years of me living I have never been on a hike. 
Is that weird? It seems like it's the thing to do these days. Being on trails and all. Hiking.. bicycling.. I even saw some folks jogging up the mountain. JOGGING
This chick could hardly walk up the mountain and I have been working my legs out like a mad woman with the Jaime Eason program. 

And it may have been somewhat easier for me if I actually watched the news to see that the pollen count was going to be over 2000!! 

As soon as I got out of the car the pollen began to attack. I could feel the pollen taking over my contacts like daggers were being stabbed into my eyes. It took me at least 15 mins before we even got to the trail to try and clean my contacts just so we could actually get started!
Poor Nikki!

Now that that's over with HERE WE GOOOO!!!



I don't know if you can tell in this picture but I was trying to capture how yellow everything was. When you looked off into the distance you could just see a huge yellow cloud lingering over the trees.


Maybe a little over halfway?

If you look closely at the top picture you can see the rails in the distance. 
I will not be ashamed to say I took a breather after this climb.

Almost to the top.. just a little further!!!

MADE IT!!

AAAHHH! Photo fun!.. Livin' on the Edge.

There was an awesome breeze blowing. It would have been even better if it wasn't stirring up the pollen.




Gorgeous views!


 We took the cable car back down the mountain, which let me just tell you I was NOT very fond of, but it beat trying not to suffocate in all the pollen all the back down the mountain.

On the way back to car, we checked out these old plantation buildings.
Nikki pointed out that how your taste in photos changes as you get older. When we were younger we probably wouldn't have thought twice about taking pictures of 'old buildings'. 
It's really sad but you just don't see places like this very often anymore.





This caught my eye in the plantation store..
The different dress styles in each century.


And of course the different shoes.

 


 On the way back to the car..
The figures of Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee, and Jefferson Davis.


NO WONDER I COULDN'T SEE!
My eyes are officially sandpaper. 
I'll be sportin' the ol' glasses til all this blows over!

Hope you aren't as worn out as I am!



1 comments:

Megan said...

Please tell me you went inside the huge plantation house. It's stunningly gorgeous, and the detail in all of the architecture and furniture is out of this world. I love Stone Mountain, there is just so much to do throughout the park you never have time to get it all in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs