Monday, April 22, 2013

Stove-Top Baked Apples

Last night Coach and I cooked out on the grill which got me in the mood to try something new in the kitchen. 

Sometimes these adventures turn out good and sometimes they turn out disastrous.
With everything being pretty healthy- grilled chicken and asparagus - I found this sweet dessert/side dish to satisfy my sweet tooth. 

It was a success on the first try YAY! and we couldn't get over how DELICIOUS they were!
I will definitely be making them again. I even turned down the page in my cook book.

Try them for yourself!


1 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 firm green apples, unpeeled, quartered


In medium skillet, combine water, butter, sugar, and salt. Heat until boiling; boil 2 minutes before gently putting apple wedges in, skin side down. Continue cooking apples, dipping liquid over apples as they cook. Turn occasionally. Cook until apples are tender and juice has thickened, 5-8 minutes. May add a dash of cinnamon, if desired. 




I added a little cinnamon too!




500 Fast & Fabulous 5 Ingredient Recipes

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs