Thursday, June 6, 2013

Wednesday..

Around 11AM this morning, I was foiling a clients hair, when all of sudden we started seeing police cars fly past the salon. 
The fire station is in walking distance and the window where my station is faces the main road.
One after another after another after another. 
Then, the fire truck went by and even more police cars. 

It gave you chills because you knew that something horrible had happened. 
And it did. 
Not too far down the road from us a man had shot his wife and his son. 

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.
Why must these horrific things keep taking place? 
It leaves me speechless. 
The enemy comes to kill, steal, and destroy. John 10:10 but at all times I just have to trust in Him.


God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalms 46:1
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5


Each prayer I pray, I start out by thanking the Lord for all that He has blessed me with and I start naming them one by one.
One of those is protecting my family and friends, and that we have another day here on this earth to spend with each other. 

You know you have always heard people say- wait until you get older time will fly by even faster. I know I am only 30 but it is the truth! Time just goes by faster and faster and faster.
I want to cherish these moments here and we should all learn to do so a little more. I know I get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life and I need to slow down.
Life is just so fragile and it is so short. 

I am praying for the family and friends affected by this tragedy today and that the Lord will bring them peace and comfort. 



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh this just breaks my heart. These things happen so much more often than they should:/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs