Monday, February 24, 2014

A Painting

A couple of years ago, Amber and I were walking around Real Deals trying to find her daughter a bed. She came across this painting that she absolutely loved but said she would never get because, 1. it was too expensive and 2. Her husband would probably be really upset spending that much money on it.

So what does her BFF do?? 

She takes a picture of the original, takes pictures of favorite items around the house, and puts her art skills to work to create her very own painting.

In Amber's dining room.


Some of the artwork is similar to the original, but the flowers and some of the colors are from Amber's Southern Living dishes. 
I'm certainly not trying to toot my own horn here.. it is just something I love to do. Every year that art was available in school I was there! I painted everything I could using watercolor paints and acrylics. Oils is something I would love to try but just haven't done it yet. 

Do any of you paint? If so, I would love to hear what your favorite paints are to use.

signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs