Sunday, February 16, 2014

Discover..

Happy Sunday everyone! 
If you were snowed in this week, I hope that you are enjoying being back on your regularly scheduled program and hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

Lauren from Peach State of Mind has nominated me for the Liebster Award! I hope you head on over and check out her blog.. You will absolutely love it! It is super cute and I can't wait to see more about her wedding. And she is from Georgia as well and we found out we are not too far from each other. 
Thank you so much for the nomination!


Here are the deets::

The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to celebrate other bloggers. It's passed down from one blogger to another, as long as the blogger has less than 200 followers. If you choose to accept the nomination, here are a few rules to follow:

1.  Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
2. List 10 facts about yourself.
3. Create 10 new questions.
4. Nominate 5-10 bloggers with less than 200 followers.


1. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? [Hey, it's the teacher in me.]

I would be the color Red. It is my FAVE color. There are red accents all around our house and we even have a red dining room. Love, love, love. 

2. What is your favorite smell?

I LOVE the smell of coffee. I could sit in Starbuck's all day just to smell the aroma. And the smell of fresh color on my hair. 

3. What is the farthest you've been from home?

Jamaica.. Coach and I were on our Honeymoon and it was also the first time out of the country for me. 

4. Do you have a special talent? If so, what is it?

I will have to say being a hair stylist. You can't do this for the money alone. This passion and knack has to come from within. If it does, you will never work a day in your life. And there is nothing more rewarding than to wheel your client around, her look in the mirror, and her face light up because she loves the reflection in the mirror.

5. Who is your best friend? How did y'all meet?

Amber!!


She moved to J-town, ended up in my chair for a hair appointment, began our appointment with "So I know somebody that you know", that "somebody" ended up being my husband BTW, and the rest is history. Once there was a WE WERE ON A BREEEEAAAAKKK moment but that is long said and gone this no longer 'mutual friend' caused some drama, and in two weeks we are headed to Big Canoe for a girls weekend! Whoop whoop! SOO EXCITED about that one! 

And, I can't leave out my husband.. 


He is the peanut to my butter, the milk to my Oreos, the bubbles to my bath, the shake to my bake, the flip to my flop, the color to my brush, the beat to my heart, the ball to my glove... well, you get the point. 
I sure do love him.

6. Do you have any pets?

Yes! We have three pups.. the 3 Amigos.. Sox, Mara, & Kyli.




I already had Kyli minpin, Coach had Sox Saint Bernard mix, and I found Mara bassett hound/lab mix in the middle of the road when we were dating. I had very good intentions of finding Mara a great home but by the time people had started inquiring about her, I had bought her her own food bowls, a collar, and had given her a name. By then I was ready to take adoption applications, schedule interviews and home inspections. HA! 
You can read more about them in this post.

And I have a horse, Trio:


This sweet boy has come such a long way!!

7. What is your favorite sport to watch?

My number one sport is football - GO DAWGS!!- but since my husband is baseball, baseball, baseball I will have to say that we watch MLB constantly. In the beginning of the season I don't mind it because I want to know stats, etc and surprise him with MAYBE something he hasn't heard but by the end of the season I am O.V.A. it. 

8. What is your favorite fashion accessory right now?

During the winter, scarves, scarves, and MORE scarves. I feel naked without one!

9. Why did you start blogging?

My friend, Danielle

2012

encouraged me to start to document mine and Coach's life and our engagement/wedding journey. I am so glad I did! I love looking back on all our moments and it also was a way to keep our families updated along the way. 

10. If you could give one piece of blogging advice, what would it be?

I learned this early on in the blogging world. If you have are a noreply-comment blogger and you leave me a comment, I CANNOT RESPOND to you! And this frustrates me because I WANT to be able to respond to your sweet comments. I have noticed that if I look at my comments from my phone it gives me a 'reply' option to respond to you that way.. but I am not sure if you get a notification? Maybe there is a personal reason why you have this setting the way you do, or maybe I am missing something in this blogging world and if I am please correct me but just know that I would love to know you are getting my responses. You can also change this under your settings.

10 Facts about Me:

* I didn't have the chicken pox until I was in the 8th grade and still have two scars left on my face from those last remaining blisters. 
* I love love love taking pictures, looking at pictures, and having pictures all over the house. Obsessed really.
* I sleep with a massive amount of pillows and one of those is a body pillow.
* I probably take the HOTTEST showers ever. 
* I am scared to death of flying.. like I will seriously embarrass myself, or you, on a plane.
* I recently just signed up for my first 5K in May.
* I want to hurl at the touch of cotton balls. Oh my goodness that makes my spine tingle.
* I have hung out with Slash and his family in LA on several different occasions. And I met Ken Paves at a hair show several years ago.
* I don't believe in having outside dogs.. They should all be inside dogs. I am extremely sensitive when it comes to animals. 
* I went dress shopping 3 times. The 4th time I went solo and found the gown of my dreams.. actually it was more than I ever expected to find and be blessed to buy!


My questions:

1. What TV show are you addicted to right now?
2. Tell us about your favorite moment in life ever.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. What is your favorite season out of the year and why?
5. Who is your favorite author?
6. What book would you recommend to read by he/she?
7. Where do you want to take your next vacation?
8. What is your favorite meal?
9. What was the last movie you watched?
10. If you could meet one celebrity who would it be?

My nominees are:



signature

1 comments:

Lauren Collins said...

Thank you for doing this! It was fun getting to know you a little better! I need you to do my hair since you're a hairstylist!
And Go Dawgs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs