Tuesday, May 12, 2015

BUMPDATE // 29 Weeks

HOW FAR ALONG // 29 Weeks

29 weeks belly pic chalkboard pregnancy

BABY SIZE // about the size of a butternut squash



Baby Hopper now weighs around 2 1/2 lbs (3 from what the Dr told me yesterday at our appt) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain.
To meet her increasing nutritional needs, I need to be eating plenty of protein, vitamin C, folic acid, and iron. Because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I need to be sure to drink my milk! This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in her hardening skeleton each day.

MY SYMPTOMS // The only thing that has really seemed to bother me this week is my lower back. It was in shambles before I got pregnant, but now I am really starting to feel the discomfort. I did get a massage Saturday morning and it was great. And actually the therapist couldn't believe how tight and knotted up it was.. I'm going to start stretching and see if that helps any. 

I started feeling pressure this week like my Britney was going to fall out.. sorry for that visual and lack of a better way to put that.. turns out from what the Dr said at our appt yesterday that her head is in the right position, pressing on my bladder, and that's why I feel that way. Sunday night I got home from Mama Jane's and as soon as I walked in the door, I had the BIGGEST period feeling cramp and this is also from her head from what Dr said. I'm not gonna lie, that one scared me a little because I didn't think I was supposed to be feeling anything that severe yet. 

Yesterday, we had our 29 week checkup and all is GREAT! Her head is in the right position, her heartbeat was between 155-160, my blood pressure was 108/60 (which the dr bragged about.. not gonna lie made me feel good), AND I finally looked at the scale and asked the dreaded question, "So how many lbs in all??" ... 16 lbs total. YIKES. They have beat into my head, "you should only gain 20 and anything after that is yours to keep forever!!" Although, every baby book I read says between 25-35 for my build. The next time I go, it's step on the scale backwards and don't ask any questions.

A fun continued day yesterday.. I got my finger pricked at the office (I always beg them not to do it), we had to go to St. Mary's (where I will be delivering) get bottles of my blood drawn, and come back in two hours to get the Rhogam shot. I had never heard of this, but I apparhently its because I have a rare blood type and because Shane's is whatever his is, I had to get to protect the baby... and if she is not negative when she's born, then I have to get another then too.
Y'all probably would have seriously laughed at me. I was trying so hard to be brave and not be emotional but when I got called back, the nurse said something to the effect of "honey are you alright? you look like you are scared to death" and that is the point my friends, that I. Lost. It. And then it ended up being nothing because she just kept talking and did it so fast that it was over before I knew it. In my head, I pictured this foot long needle going into my side and although I didn't look, it didn't even hurt as bad as getting my finger pricked. Last night tho, it started to throb and was sore and Shane said it was given up way too high but who knows LOL. He cracks me up.

This nurse was so awesome I felt like I knew her for years. She even gave me her card to email her if I had any questions and answered all my questions I drilled her with about a run down on what we would do the day of delivery. I just felt so much better after talking with her. So I think from here on out, no more shots or needles until delivery! Whoo hoo!
And I guess I passed the glucose test because the Dr never called and never said anything about it yesterday and honestly I didn't even think to ask.

MATERNITY CLOTHES // Maxi skirts, maternity tops, jeans, my fave pajama pants at home, and Coach's t-shirts have been some of my faves this week.

SLEEP // I was doing great until someone asked me this week and I do believe I jinxed myself for a couple of nights. Last night I did sleep like a rock tho. Wow that was good stuff!

MOVEMENT // It's definitely getting more and more! One of my favorite things about this pregnancy is feeling her move. Coach even asked me the other day what it felt like and could I even put it into words. I had a really hard time doing just that!

CRAVINGS // I had another craving for those sloppy joes I made way back in the beginning but I was too tired/lazy to cook them. It was late one night and I just didn't have the energy.

GENDER // It's a GIRL!

WHAT I MISS // Sleeping on my back.

WORK OUTS // Ha!

EMOTIONS // Besides getting emotional at the Dr's yesterday, this week has seemed to be much better than last week.

DREAMS // Y'all they have seriously been all over the place and so jumbled together that I wouldn't even know where to begin...

HUBBY'S THOUGHTS // At the hospital yesterday, there was a little girl running around the lobby.. they talked a good bit and he eventually turned to me and said "yeah. When ours gets here I'm gonna be done for". Yup. You are Coach. I cannot WAIT to see them together. 

3 AMIGAS THOUGHTS // Well Kyli felt Baby Hopper kick this week! I have been waiting on this moment! She just jumped back and had this confused look on her face and went to the bottom of the bed to lay down. So funny! And I had just gotten out of my mouth to Coach that I wished she would kick hard. Little girl must have been listening.

BEST PREGNANCY MOMENT THIS WEEK //

Getting  a massage!!!!

Receiving a couple of gifts from clients..


Kyli feeling Baby Hopper kick....


Celebrating Mother's Day for the first time.. I woke up to many sweet text messages and facebook posts...


Looking at all the baby furniture and hopefully FINALLY picking one out!


Here's to another great week!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs