Sunday, May 17, 2015

March Goals UPDATE


This update post has been on the back of my mind for some time now..
Better late than never right?? 

// HEALTH
These are just going to be a given from here on out.

*Make a conscious effort to eat healthy, good foods and drink more water.
These days nothing sounds good so this is becoming a challenge. I cleaned it up at the grocery store yesterday, so my cereals I was craving and such aren't even in the house. 
*Continue with the weights.
It felt great hitting the gym and not the living room this past week!
I am marking these off halfway except for the water because it has been hit or miss whether or not I've eaten truly healthy. Just being honest. I can't tell you how many times I've had a PB & J, I've had a couple of Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwiches, and Cherry Cokes. Just keepin' it real.
There have been a couple of times that I have picked up the weights for arms and a few times of making laps around the yard with lunges and body squats.

2// FOR ME AND SHANE

*Life insurance
This one gets a halfway mark off too.. we have had our initial appointment where we discussed policies and we have an appointment scheduled tomorrow to fill out our applications. 

3// PREGNANCY & BABY HOP
*Continue reading.
I'm getting better!
I have been keeping up with What to Expect, reading my pregnancy app, I finished The Girlfriend's Guide, I am reviewing The Circle Maker, and I had gotten back into The Happiest Baby on the Block and somehow it has mysteriously disappeared! I had it when we went for my glucose testing, Coach had it when we left, and I haven't been able to find it since. If I don't find it, I guess I will be purchasing another one because it's been recommended to me by several people and it was on loan to me.

*Continue working in future nursery every spare chance I get.
This has definitely been an ongoing process but GREAT NEWS!! Bedroom furniture was moved out yesterday and paint was bought for getting the walls done! Whoo hoo! 

*Make a consult appointment with a Pediatrician.
This one is already done and we are set for this Wednesday for a meeting. This Dr. comes highly recommended and I am so glad he was still taking new patients! Thank you to my sweet friends who have given me advice on finding a Ped NOW. I had no idea they came to the hospital when the baby was born and if you didn't have one, you would just get whoever. 
Done!

*Look up nursery/furniture/bedding ideas.
I've been looking here and there when I have had a few minutes to glance but haven't really found anything that catches my eye. Not even anything enough to share with Shane. Hopefully I will find something soon and we will both like it for our little girl!
Annddd we have fabric picked out for the bedding! Amber and I were talking one day and she suggested that we do it ourselves. So she came over one Monday, we looked at her fabric sites, and I found the bedding I want. It wasn't anything like I originally thought I was looking for but yellow and grey is very limited. I just fell in LOVE with what I picked out. Now we are waiting on samples that Amber didn't already have, decide where I want which fabrics, and then she will order accordingly and then we'll have some sew parties!! I am so excited about it!

*Purchase a crying baby doll for the Amigas.
Kyli especially is going to need this. I am curious to see how these pups act. 
Who knew it would be so hard to find a crying baby doll? I have looked in a couple places and there is nothing. Call me crazy, but I've been saying her name to them HA! They DO look at me like I'm crazy but anything that may help right?

4// HOME

*Purge, purge, purge!
I already did our master bathroom. I also started going through clothes I haven't worn in awhile and have a yard sale pile going. Before our wedding, I just woke up one Saturday and threw everything in the front yard and actually made some good money! I do see that happening in the future when its a pretty Saturday.
On the list:: kitchen and guest bathroom.
I haven't gotten to the kitchen yet but I did the guest bathroom a while ago. As I have cleaned out the guest bedroom and other areas, I made a HUGE yard sale pile and yesterday morning I woke up and threw all of it in the front yard. My MIL and SIL came over and we had several people stop for not having advertised anything. I was going to take everything to Goodwill right when it was over but my SIL is going to have another in a few weeks and after that EVERYTHING WILL GO. Until then, I'm going to see what else I can get rid of....

*Mod Podge another canvas.
When I printed off one of our pictures for my Grandmother's canvas, Walmart printed an extra and I would love to get it up. It's one of Shane's favorite pictures!
Didn't get to this...

5// JUST FOR FUN
I don't even know why this is even a category on my list right now. There are more important things to be done.. DUH. Just thought if I needed a no-thinker thing to do for a little bit this would be good.

*Amy Butler bag is still on!
.. Or this one but I feel good about it being on my 101 in 1001 list!

*********

While we are on the subject...

OTHER GOALS MET:
since March in no particular order

Got our carpets shampooed
got the Rhogam shot
started registry (only items left: stroller/carseat, pack n play, rocker/glider, wrap carrier, monitors)
Had a yard sale
Applied for Anastasia Beverly Hills makeup PRO membership
Found a newborn & 1 year photographer for Baby Hopper
started Baby Hopper's baby book
maternity pics are scheduled
restocked certain makeup items for upcoming wedding

I plan on keeping the ball rolling! 
And reviewing and updating this list has made me realize I've gotten more done than I realized. And who am I kidding... I felt like I had been cutting back my hours but it's hard to say no to my clients. I've just felt like I've needed to work while I can. I will say that I have enjoyed having these couple of Saturday's off and getting even more stuff done.
I REALLY feel much better having purchased the paint and seeing a little section of it on the walls.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs