Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Eating Paleo // Pistachio Energy Bites

Another yummy recipe that I tried last night.
I am LOVING these Paleo recipes that I have come across from the Ultimate Paleo Guide.
I seriously haven't made one that I don't like and the Easy Chicken Salad has got to be my favorite!


You will need::

  1. 1 cup almonds
  2. 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
  3. 1 1/4 cups pitted Medjool dates
  4. 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
  5. 2 tbsp water
  6. 2 oz. dark chocolate (optional)

  1. Place the almonds, pistachios, dates, and coconut flakes into a blender or food processor.
  2. Pulse to break down the nuts, thoroughly combining the ingredients.
  3. Add in the water and continue blending to make the mixture clump together.
  4. Spoon the nut mixture out onto a piece of wax paper.
  5. Press into a rectangle and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
  6. Cut into bars.
  7. Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl in the microwave and drizzle over the bars.
  8. Store in the refrigerator.


I got off work early yesterday and came home and got busy in the kitchen! 
It is so much easier for me to have my foods prepared AND you aren't tempted to grab the bad stuff. 

Here is what Step 2 should look like, after you blow up your food processor.
Yup. You read that right. 
I think it's safe to say I will be buying a new one. I even split the ingredients up because I know that dates take a bit to break down and there was a lot of it after I mixed everything. But that still didn't help. All of a sudden, SMOKE is appearing out of nowhere and I realize it's coming from underneath the processor. 
#fail
So when all else fails.... get the blender.


Not pressed very pretty but it will do! I cut them and separated them into snack bags i.e above and they are ready to go!


I don't have chocolate drizzled over mine but I sure did try to melt it in the microwave..
it just wasn't working out.
Confession. 
It burned trying to melt and it made the whole house smell like something awful. 
OH. And I left off the coconut... disgusting.

Wish I had some chocolate on there but they are STILL YUMMY!!

signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs