Monday, April 20, 2015

BUMPDATE // 26 Weeks

HOW FAR ALONG // 26 weeks

26 weeks pregnant chalkboard belly pic


BABY SIZE // Weighs about 2 lbs / about the size of a scallion

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. Baby Hopper may now be able to hear both Shane and I as we chat with each other.
She is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid. These so-called breathing movements are essential for the development of the lungs. These are also good practice for when she is born and takes that first gulp of air.
She is continuing to put on fat and measures 14 inches long. 




MY SYMPTOMS // I cut back on my hours one day this week and I felt much better. I even cooked dinner Thursday night! Stop traffic! I did stay up way too late Thursday night and Friday I was feeling it. It seemed like THE longest day.
My lower back is really starting to give me fits. I've been to the chiro before for the right side of my lower back.. I think maybe my hip is out of place.. and wondering if I should make an appt? It just seems to catch.
Achy legs are still full force..
sinus problems..
and just tired sometimes.
I can't remember which night it was but some SERIOUS cramping in my right leg woke me up several times in the night. OUCH!
Belly button is beginning to flatten out more but still has a little ways before it's an outtie if it does come out at all.
And I expressed that I was a cramping a little by the end of the day at the doctor's office at my last appointment.. she didn't seem to be concerned.. just told me I really needed to drink more water. So water water water it has been.
Nurse said my BP was good, weight was good, and measuring good too. Wish I had the BP numbers and weight but I don't. 

MATERNITY CLOTHES // I ended up buying another dress that's my fave from Target and another top similar to the black top in my bumpdate pics. So. Comfy. I can still wear a couple of my jeans and just add a belly band over the waist, love my maxi skirts, and maxi dresses that don't balloon out so much that I look like a beached whale.
AND, I bought me a pair of maternity compression leggings and am awaiting their lovely arrival any day now! How hot am I gonna be? I got a rude awakening under those AMAZING dressing room lights, trying to find a dress for a wedding this Saturday, can you say spider veins??, came home, and ordered a pair first thing.

SLEEP // Been pretty decent. Just those late nights staying up got to me the next day.

MOVEMENT // She LOVES to move! Which is perfectly fine with me! Love feeling her having dance parties in my belly. It's seriously the sweetest thing.

CRAVINGS // I thought pimento cheese was a good idea this week at the grocery store?? Barf.. I hope Shane eats the rest.

GENDER // It's a girl!

WHAT I MISS // Sleeping in a position that I want to sleep in.. SUSHIIIIIIIIII.. the gym.. a fully functioning brain..

WORK OUTS // So I had these high hopes and dreams of continuing to work out like these fitness models I love and that are so inspiring. Well, after this roller coaster of a ride and now being that all I can think of is the couch on my way home, workouts hardly cross my mind. I do seriously miss being in the gym tho.. I'm cutting back my hours at work, so I'm hoping I do have some energy to spare for some walking, lunges, and light weights for arms.

EMOTIONS // Friday morning I was really irritated but snapped out of it by the time I got to work.
Other than that, I feel I've been pretty good this week.
Thoughts on delivery are still in the back of my mind.. I'm excited about cutting back my hours a bit because I'm going to get things done..
I am NOT looking forward to this Wednesday.. glucose test. What am I going to do when I wake up and I'm starving and I can't eat anything?? Oh boy what a day that's gonna be.

DREAMS // None that I really remember ... 

HUBBY'S THOUGHTS // Love love love my sweet husband. He's been such a help and complimenting me every chance he gets. 

3 AMIGAS THOUGHTS // Clingy little heffas this week.. I did try and find them a crying baby doll and that was a fail so not sure that this will happen for them. I have been saying her name around them and they just turn their heads to the side and listen.

BEST PREGNANCY MOMENT THIS WEEK //

Baby Girl FINALLY kept kicking one night to where Shane really felt her big time! This made me SO happy! I don't think he could believe just how active she was being. She really is a smart one.. it seems every time she starts moving, I get Shane's hand on my belly, she stops. I did try to get her on video this week, but of course you couldn't see it as much and then she stopped. Maybe in a few weeks I'll really be able to catch her.
Hearing her heartbeat again at 163!

Baby Girl, do you hear me talking to you often and calling you by name? I have been praying for your health, growth and development, and for blessings to rain down on you.. for the Lord's protection, for wisdom, and a heart's desire for Him. There are now less than 100 days that your Daddy and I will be seeing you for the first time and be holding you in our arms. We can't imagine the feelings and emotions and we are SO excited to see what you look like, what kind of personality you will have, and just to be a family of 3, well six if you count your four-legged siblings.. I can't wait for them to meet you too! I'm sure you can hear them mouthing.. they are so loud! I love it when you say hello via all your somersaults and cartwheels you practice in my belly.. I have no doubt you are going to be an athletic little thing. Are you tired of oatmeal for breakfast yet? I try and mix it up with blueberries and raspberries. Mommy and Daddy love you sweet baby!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs