Sunday, January 11, 2015

BUMPDATE // 12 Weeks

HOW FAR ALONG // 12 Weeks Friday

BABY SIZE // About the size of the lime.


The most dramatic development this week is reflexes. His/her fingers will soon begin to open and close. His mouth will make sucking movement. Toes will curl, eye muscles will clench, and nerve cells are multiplying rapidly. Baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously.
Baby's face looks human: his eyes have moved from the sides to the front of the head, and ears are right in their place. He's just over 2 inches long and weight half an ounce.

MY SYMPTOMS // My energy level is slowly starting to come back to how I felt like it was before and I have noticed I feel more rested when I get up in the mornings.. so feels like I must be sleeping better. I have been able to drink more water it was totally disgusting in the beginning and I've also been able to stomach healthier foods, thank goodness. Sorry for TMI, just for recording purposes, more water = easier time in the bathroom, if you know what I'm saying. I was even able to thaw chicken and cut the fat off one night this week, although after it came out of the oven I couldn't eat it. We have Mahi and Tilapia in the freezer that needs to be cooked but I'm thinking that may not be such a good thing. 

MATERNITY CLOTHES // Still in my normal clothes.

SLEEP // Definitely getting better. And not having to go to pee as much in the middle of the night definitely helps to get more sleep!

MOVEMENT // Read today wouldn't be able to start feeling flutters until about 22 weeks. I also read if there was pressure applied to my belly the baby would move in response but definitely wouldn't feel anything right now.

CRAVINGS // I want everything SPICY!!! A couple of nights, I've had chocolate cravings.. one night was a Frosty and the next night I opted for an Avocado Chocolate smoothie. Y'all. Don't knock it til you try it.. SO. GOOD. And it hit the spot.

GENDER // Find out towards the end of February and I'm already excited to find out what it is!

WHAT I MISS // I am green with envy with all these snowboarding pictures I'm seeing in my facebook newsfeed these days. We were supposed to take a trip this year and I was SO excited about it since we didn't get there last year, and now, I'm going to have to wait another season. I did jokingly ask our Dr, "So I'm guessing snowboarding is out of the question?" When we left the office I told Shane, "I think he laughed at me." He told me he totally laughed at me! So, haha funny story.

WORK OUTS // I've been doing T25 and made it to the gym one day for weights and cardio. I'm getting to where I hate cardio so I've been doing it first and to get it OVA with! I feel SO much better after I do something and I don't feel as bloated either. Bonus.

EMOTIONS // Soooo I did something a little stupid the other night and watched a couple of birthing videos. THAT was a mistake. Curiosity kills the cat. WHY did I do that??! Maybe I thought I would prepare myself for the hospital?? I don't know that I have ever mentioned this on my blogspace, but when I was in the second grade, I had to be hospitalized for a long time.. it was horrible the second I got admitted. A nurse couldn't find my vein, even tho the veins in my arms stick out like a mans and they are DARK, nurses were all around me holding me down, even tho I wasn't even fighting them, my Dad had to get rude with the nurse who stuck me over and over and over again, then once my IV was in, my hand swelled up like a ballon and they had to switch hands. I ended up having to have surgery, etc etc etc. So needless to say, ever since then needles have horrified me, I DESPISE the smell of hospitals, the sounds, everything. I mean when I walk in the door, my spine tingles with fear, anxiety or something. I know women have babies everyday and our bodies were made for this but I can't help but think about delivery day in the back of mind. Note to self: I need to pray about this day.

DREAMS // I have been having some still but nothing as crazy as my eggplant smoothie. 

HUBBY'S THOUGHTS // Still rubbing and talking to my belly.. THE sweetest thing ever.. He asked me last night if I have felt any movement and was I going to let him know when I did. Well of course Coach!
I also mentioned a BabyMoon trip to my FAVORITE place in the world.. the beach. He responded with "What?? Well, I've never heard of any trip like that." Well ya have now Coach! I'm also going to finally get my $60 Ace Hardware pool up that's still in the box from last year. When I deliver this baby in July Imma have a brown belly and a nice golden tan LOL. 

3 AMIGAS THOUGHTS // They have got to be loving the attention I've been able to give them more of lately. I read an article not too long ago on how to introduce a new baby to your pups. There were some pretty good points in there that we will be doing! When I was started on the front room, Kyli was trying to be all up in my business and walking around all nervous like.. I don't know if she thought I packing to go somewhere or if she just senses a change over all. Sox and Mara have just been in there own world these days acting like a bunch of wild banshees.

BEST PREGNANCY MOMENT THIS WEEK //

Getting some of my energy back! Whoop whoop! And that was followed by the start of cleaning out the front room where the nursery will be. Right now it's my vanity/closet/craft room. I made a box for Goodwill, threw a ton of stuff in the trash, and started a box of clothes for Amber's girls. Anything does NOT need to be in this house is going out the door and I'm doing this in every room. 

Something I need to do this week: paint my chalkboard that I want to use for baby bump pictures. I have been putting it off long enough. So project for tomorrow to start taking them this Friday??

signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs