Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Cheesy Zucchini Enchiladas

Photo Cred Amber



Is this turning into a food blog or what??!
I do believe I am seeing a pattern here with some of my food selections... I just want spicy, spicy, spicy!!
A couple days ago I made a new kind of Paleo Chicken Salad and I added Sriracha sauce to every bite! Talk about opening up your sinus'.

So the bestie made these for dinner last night, tagged me with the news on facebook, and today I showed up for lunch. HA! She is so awesome like that to feed me, especially when Coach is out of town. I mean, seriously. If you had her cooking you wouldn't want anyone else's either. When I grow up, I wish to have her mad cooking skills.

Anywayyyy, it's all I could think about after I got back to work, so on the way home I made a quick stop by the grocery store, and had them for dinner too!
Thank goodness they are on the skinny side!
(Check out the original source link above for the nutrition facts. I LOVE SkinnyTaste!)

I would have taken pics for you guys but I was too busy trying to get those yummy enchiladas in the oven!

Ingredients: 


 cooking spray
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 medium scallions, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 medium zucchinis, grated
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
1 1/2 cups grated reduced fat mexican blend cheese (Sargento)
4 Large La Tortilla Factory Low Carb tortillas
chopped scallions (optional)chopped cilantro (optional)


For the Enchilada sauce:


1 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (optional for more heat)
1 cups tomato sauce
1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder (to taste)
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 cup fat free vegetable broth
kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste

Directions:
For the enchilada sauce: 
In a medium saucepan, spray oil and sauté garlic. Add chipotle chili powder, cumin, broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.


Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.



In a medium nonstick skillet, sauté garlic and scallions in olive oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes; add zucchini, salt and pepper to taste and cook about 4-5 minutes.  


Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup cheese; mix well.

Divide zucchini between in each tortilla, roll and place seam side down in baking dish.  

Top with enchilada sauce (I did not use all of the sauce) and remaining cheese and bake until hot and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.


Can serve with chopped cilantro, scallions, and reduced fat sour cream.


I held off on the garlic again and I even added extra adobo sauce and it still wasn't as spicy as Amber's. Oh well! I'll just have to take lessons from her.
Still hit the spot tho for sure!

signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs