Sunday, January 4, 2015

Shrimp & Poblano Peppers

Well, thankfully today I had somewhat of an appetite and some foods actually looked good.
While browsing around on Pinterest before heading to the grocery store I found this yummy sounding recipe.
You can find the ORIGINAL HERE.



 Ingredients:

2 lbs medium precooked shrimp
2 poblano peppers, sliced with seeds removed
2 yellow/orange bell peppers, sliced
1/2 cup green onions, diced
1/2 yellow onion (optional) sliced thin
2 cloves minced garlic
3 TBSP olive or coconut oil
salt/pepper to taste


Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until starting to brown and become tender.

Add garlic and cook for a few minutes.

Add shrimp and cook until heated through.


I did add the onions but held off on the diced green onions..
I used coconut oil..
And only 1 clove of garlic..
When we had this recipe with garlic, when I first found out I was pregnant, it almost made me sick so that's why I didn't add the full amount.

Coach suggested adding a little bit of Old Bay seasoning and I added a tad bit of Sriracha Sauce for mine on the side.
SO DELISH!!

We will DEFINITELY be having this again... it went in my official recipe notebook!

signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs