Monday, March 2, 2015

BUMPDATE // 19 Weeks


HOW FAR ALONG // 19 Weeks

19 weeks belly pic chalkboard


BABY SIZE // About the size of a large heirloom tomato.


Baby Hopper's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.
Some research suggests that she may be able to hear our voices now. She roughly weighs 8 1/2 oz and measures 6 inches, head to bottom.
The arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of the body now.
Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. 

MY SYMPTOMS // I was slack in writing things down this week but I think it was overall a great week. I was EXHAUSTED late Friday evening and Saturday. I know it was just emotions because Coach said he was pretty tired himself.
I feel like I get hungrier and hungrier as time goes on. A couple days this week, I felt like I was having trouble breathing, especially as the day wore on.. my belly feels super tight at night.
I really have had no motivation/concentration all of the above this week. I chalk that up to being anxious about Friday getting here and having lots on the brain.

MATERNITY CLOTHES // Just belly bands and sports bras! 

SLEEP // This week I have woken up several nights mornings around 4AM and have not been able to really go back to sleep. I think I have maybe dozed off and on and that's it. Wednesday morning, I heard a huge crash in the living room.. scared me and Kyli to death. Shane had stayed up manning the fire and at some point fell asleep on the couch and knocked his laptop and wood samples onto the floor. Never went back to sleep very well after that. I could have screamed because I know I was sleeping good.

MOVEMENT // Oh my goodness! Tuesday on the way to work, I felt two kicks or punches that made me yelp and jump out of my seat! All I could do was bust out into a laughter! They were SO strong! What a wonderful feeling it was! Later on the afternoon, I finally had a chance to sit down, and he/she was at it again. Another couple of strong kicks or punches! She was having a dance party or something in my uterus. 
Wednesday night around 11:15pm he/she was at it again! Such a blessing to finally start feeling definite movement.

CRAVINGS // BBQ chips again! And a Cherry Coke. I don't even drink Coke! It. hurts. my. stomach. It seems like foods I used to eat long ago pop in my head.
One night we ate at Longhorn and nothing looked good except a hamburger. The meat was so good. Guess I or she needed some protein.

GENDER // IT'S A GIRL!
Reveal post coming up next!

WHAT I MISS // This week- SLEEP.

WORK OUTS // Only once this week. Boo. Definitely a goal this week to do more.

EMOTIONS // Excitement ALL week waiting to find out what our baby's gender was! I was totally fine until about Wednesday evening/Thursday and then I just got really impatient.
I speak for myself and Coach when I say we feel so blessed and are so incredibly thankful our little one looking great on the ultrasound. She was kicking, moving her arms, turning her head, and Coach said she even waved a couple times. I have to agree with him on that one!

Now that we know it's a girl, I am SO excited to start planning with Coach about the nursery! Picking out colors, looking at furniture, deciding on names and when the heck do you register? I've had a few clients ask already where we are registered. 

DREAMS // I had a dream my Dad and Step Mom were expecting. She told me I had a nightmare. LOL. 

HUBBY'S THOUGHTS // I wish I could have videoed Coach during our ultra sound Monday. There was one point where Baby was stretching and kicking like crazy.. he got SO giddy and just grinned from ear to ear. He agrees with me that it was so fun actually seeing fingers, toes, legs, lips, ears, and so on this time. The last time we had one, Baby just looked like a little cashew.

Pics coming up from the reveal and you will just SEE the excitement all over Shane's face when he saw it was a girl. I have just been daydreaming ever since about seeing him with our little princess. Melt my heart. He has said to me over and over again, "She's going to be your little mini-me." Even in the ultrasound, when she finally turned so we could see her face, he immediately turned to me and said, "OMG! That looks like you! Look at those cheekbones!" He even said it again when we watched the video at home. He is in love already and she is gonna have him wrapped around her finger.

3 AMIGAS THOUGHTS // We have been saying the word baby more and they have no clue. Ha! Yesterday I had to run an errand and couldn't resist picking up a couple of outfits. There is SO much more to choose from for little girls. When I got home, I held one out for the Amigas to see and they didn't give a second glance to it.. well, maybe except Kyli. I swear she bent her ears back, snorted, showed me the butt, and then she pranced off to the bedroom. Little heifer.

BEST PREGNANCY MOMENT THIS WEEK //

Finding out Baby is a GIRL!
I love my husband's face in this picture!


Also, in the ultrasound, Baby would not turn her head so we could see her face.. so the nurse told me to start talking to her. I did and BOOM she turned her little face so we could see her! I know she can hear my voice already.. she kicks me on the way to work all the time telling me to STOP SINGING!  Ha!! I can't carry a tune at all. All my cousins got all the singing talent but me.

*********

Week 19

God picked you to be the mother of this newborn baby.
It was not a mistake but a gift to this child and you.

~A Blessing on the way

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed By Poppiness Designs